How can we can hold on to fundamental human values in a time of polarization and conflict? Here are the highlights from the Global Dignity seminar in Oslo.
How can we avoid losing ourselves and our humanity when so much is dividing us? Can we live with the fear and vulnerability that are exposed when we are faced with extremism and terror? In conjunction with the Global Dignity Annual Country Chair Meeting in Norway 27–29 April, Global Dignity and The Norwegian Nobel Peace Center hosted a seminar and discussion around these issues.
Key note speakers and participants include:
– Sven Mollekleiv, President of The Norwegian Red Cross and Chairman of Global Dignity
– Lars Gule, Norwegian philosopher, social commentator and associate professor at Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences
– Anine Kierulf, Norwegian lawyer and postdoctoral researcher at the Norwegian Centre of Human Rights.
– Pekka Himanen, Co-Founder of Global Dignity and Finnish philosopher.
– Phuti Mahanyele, Executive Chairman of Sigma Capital and Global Dignity Country Chair for South Africa.
H.R.H. Crown Prince Haakon of Norway leads the debate.
Highlights from the event can be seen in the video below. Click here to watch the full seminar.